Almost all drug addiction stories start with the same beginning –“let me try just a little bit, it won’t cause me to become an addict.” Well, those immortal words are almost always a precursor to each and every drug addict that has walked the face of this earth. For some people, this experimental use that is mostly done in social situations can lead to a rampant drug abuse. The risk of addiction as well as how fast do you start getting addicted to this product is totally dependent upon the dependency that you have for it. As time progresses, you realize that larger doses of the same drugs are necessary in order to help you get that high that you so desperately want. It is the drug that helps you to navigate through the difficulties in life, and it is the drug that keeps you awake in your memories.
Any attempts that you take to decrease the amount of drug can only lead to desperate situations like withdrawal symptoms that create a pressure like situation for you. These intense cravings can only make you physically ill, and within a short period of time, you relapse to the use of these drugs.
So, what are the common tendencies that you feel when you find yourself addicted?
- You want to use the drug on a regular basis; sometimes even several times a day would not quench your thirst for this particular drug
- You need to have a certain amount of drug with you at all times just so that you are not out of that particular drug at any moment of time
- Having the need for an intense fix at any moment of time is the first sign of drug dependency of an addict
- Over time, the drug can mask any physical interaction that you have with anyone, so much so that you end up feeling a sort of seclusion even in the middle of a crowd
- You end up spending ridiculous amount of money on the drugs, even when you find that you are short of cash
- You almost always end up forgetting any social interactions, and you get rid of anything to do with recreation in your house. Any physical activity is beyond your comprehension
- You almost always like to start driving or undertaking any risky activities when you are under the influence of the drug. It makes you feel superhuman
- You constantly fail at focusing on the job, and end up getting fired from multiple jobs within a very short time
- Even though you might constantly like to get rid of your addiction, you fail to do so
Well, these are the problems that normally indicate that you have become a drug addict and will be going through this phase until and unless you pick yourself up and get yourself to a detox center pronto. Your life is in your own hands, what you choose to do with your future is dependent upon your current decision.